Do you have a new PowerPoint presentation to design?
Keep in mind, it’s critical that your presentation slides capture your audience’s attention.
A great way to do that is to create an eye-catching animated presentation.
If you’re unsure of how to make your animated presentation look professional, then this article is for you. Today you’ll learn what the most spectacular animated PowerPoint presentation features are and how to use them right.
Then, we’ll dig into a treasure trove of the best premium cool animated PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver. Premium cool animated PowerPoint templates come with built-in slide effects that’ll help you get professional results quickly. They’re a good choice when you need to make a polished presentation.
But, if you’re on a tight budget, you can still get some good results. I also share a list of over 20 PowerPoint presentations with animation effects that are free to download.
What PowerPoint Animation Templates Are Available & How Are They Used?
Cool animated PowerPoint template slide with animation effects cause objects and words on your slides to move. They also help you quickly between your slides and control the pace of your presentation.
There are a wide variety of animation effects available in PowerPoint. You may not be sure how animations are used. Typically, animation effects are used in three ways:
- Entrance animations. An entrance animation is applied as text or an object is added to a slide. Examples of this include: fade-in, fly-in, float-in, random bars, and more. The following animation is from the Spectacular Animated PowerPoint Presentation template available on GraphicRiver:
- Emphasis. The purpose of emphasis animation is to draw attention to an object or text. Examples include: spin, bold flash, wave, and more. The illustration below is one of the cool animated PowerPoint templates available from the premium DIY Moving PowerPoint Backgrounds Animated Promo Kit template:
- Exit animations. An exit animation is applied as an object is removed from a slide. Examples of this include: fade-out, fly-out, float-out, wheel, and more. Here’s an example of an exit animation from the premium Sketch – Animated PPT Background:
Animation-like effects can also be applied to entire slides in the form of transitions between slides. Common transition effects include:
- random bars
- and many more!
No matter what type of spectacular animated PowerPoint presentation slide you’re using, the purpose is the same. They add visual interest to your presentation and to attract the attention of your audience.
Why Use a Premium Presentation Template?
Envato Elements gives you unlimited access to hundreds of templates for PowerPoint slides. You also gain access to many other helpful design elements like stock photos, WordPress themes, vector graphics, and more.
Your Envato Elements subscription even gets you access to over 1,000 Tuts+ video courses.
Here’s a look at a few of the professional templates with animated PowerPoint background you’ll find on Envato Elements:
If you’re reading this article, you’re probably looking for PowerPoint animation free to download templates. Those are certainly available, and some are good. In fact, I share the best ones I’ve found later in this post.
But, if you’re serious about making a lasting impact and projecting a professional image, then premium templates are better. Here are some of the advantages of premium templates:
- They’re more likely to have been produced better.
- They work the way they’re supposed to.
- They include more slide variations.
- The creators update them, as needed, to continue to be editable in PowerPoint.
- Some premium template designers even provide after-sales support. So, they’re available if you’ve got questions or run into any problems in using the templates.
Great Animated PowerPoint Templates (Premium) From Envato Elements
If you need some inspiration to help you find the right premium PowerPoint template, here are some good options from Envato Elements. Each one’s professionally designed and includes PowerPoint slide animation elements.
This clean PPT animated PPT template includes easy-to-edit animations and transitions as well as objects with custom animation. You’ll get over three dozen modern, creative slides. It’s based on master slides to help you with presentation consistency. Some of the slide types included are:
- section break slides
- handcrafted infographic
- portfolio or gallery slide
- device mockup (smartphone, tablet, laptop)
- and more!
There are lots of advantages to using the Hero v1 Animated PowerPoint Background template. First, you’ll get lots of choices with this professionally designed PowerPoint template. There are a hundred unique slides. Also, choose between ten color variations. Plus, there are 20 PPTX files of full animations for a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Don’t overlook this fully animated presentation template. The template name may be Corporate Presentation, but the template is suitable for many different types of presentations. This modern template comes with:
- animation and transitions
- based on free fonts
- based on master pages
- 70 different slides
- and more!
The Crystal – Animated PPT Background Template is an attractive, professional template that includes animations and transitions. There are 77 different slides that you can use in your presentation. Plus, it’s based on free fonts to save you money. Also, there are infographic elements, charts, graphs, maps, and icons.
The Arezzo PPT Animation Template has an elegant look. It’ll be an asset to your presentation no matter what you plan to use it for. It’s fully animated with many creative multipurpose slides to base your slideshow on. It also works with three different aspect rations (16:9, 4:3 and US Letter). It’s easy to update, but the included PDF help guide file will get you started quickly. Don’t overlook this one!
More Great Premium PowerPoint Animation Templates (From GraphicRiver)
If you’re interested in a one-time PowerPoint slide animation template download, you can also find attractive, professional PowerPoint templates on GraphicRiver.
GraphicRiver is a pay-per-use marketplace of creative elements, including templates for PowerPoint animated slides. Each template is available for a small one-time fee, which means you don’t have to commit to a subscription.
GraphicRiver offers over 3,600 PowerPoint templates with animation. Below are a few examples of what’s available:
ThePress animated PowerPoint template will just blow your mind away. You’ll be spoilt for choice with 480 unique slides at your disposal. Take your animation presentation to the next step in 2020 with this smooth, well-prepared and professional animation template.
Have a look at the features below:
- 480 dark and light unique slides with animation on each slide.
- all elements are editable
- drag & drop placeholders
- 122 color options
- fast & free lifetime updates
- beautiful free photos
With its colorful, fun graphics and dynamic animations, this animated template for PowerPoint truly is spectacular. Check it out if you want a PowerPoint presentation that’s got the look of an explainer video.
You can edit, not only the text, but also the shapes and colors. The 24 slide layouts include product features, world map, call to action, and photo gallery. Most importantly, the animations are eye-catching and smooth. Small wonder, then, that this new template is already getting rave reviews!
If you want color and motion to showcase your best photographs, then the Keep PowerPoint Presentation Template is your top choice. You’ve got 50 theme color schemes to choose from—or you can create your own.
Over 70 slide layouts cover everything you could possibly need in your PowerPoint presentation, including title slides, bullet slides, device mockups, and lots of charts and tables. If you’ll be using the charts, then you’ll be pleased to know that you can upload your data from Microsoft Excel.
This template uses Master Slides. That makes customizing fonts, colors, and other repetitive elements fast and easy.
With this template, you’ll look like a savvy video animator even though you’ve only used PowerPoint!
This kit includes 100 slides with two color themes: white and colored. You can edit all the shapes and icons used on the slides. You can even mix-and-match the 100+ icons included to create your own custom animated slides.
The creator is also very responsive to questions from purchasers. DIY Animated Promo Kit is another five-star PowerPoint animated template on GraphicRiver.
The Six Template features custom animated pages and transitions. It comes with pre-built color themes with bright or dark skins. There are also six section break slides and an interactive portfolio slide. There are placeholders for your own images and videos, which makes this slideshow easy to customize.
This attractive slideshow template is suitable for many different types of presentations. Not only do you get easy-to-edit slide designs, but there are also custom animations to help your presentation stand out. It’s designed for two different common aspect ratios (4:3 &16:9). The template also includes free support.
Are you looking for a simple, modern PowerPoint template? The Grid PowerPoint Template with its easy-to-edit slides may fit the bill. This attractive template works well for a variety of presentation needs. The template includes:
- custom animation
- 32 different slide designs
- 7 color options
- a help file
- and more!
This versatile fully animated PowerPoint template is as eye-catching as it’s useful. It supports four aspect ratios (4:3, 16:9, 16:10, and A4). There are also 400 unique slides, choose between light and dark versions. You can easily edit any of these slides to add your own unique information and images for a powerful presentation.
This cute animated PowerPoint template is based on the idea of a blackboard. The hand-drawn elements (over 30 of them) make this one truly unique. There are also 32 unique slides. So, you’re bound to find the slide designs you need. If you want your presentation to really stand out, there’s nothing quite like the Sketch PowerPoint template.
20+ Free Animated PowerPoint Templates for 2020
If your budget is tight you may be thinking about getting a free animated PowerPoint template. While a PowerPoint presentation with animation effects that’s free to download can save you money, the number of features it offers may be limited.
Plus, remember that if the free animated PowerPoint template came with your software, everyone will have access to it. But, if you’ve got to, a PowerPoint animation that’s a free to download template can provide you with the animated PowerPoint background slide design you need.
The templates that come with PowerPoint are a good place to start when you’re looking for free animations for PowerPoint. So, let’s look at a few of those.
Free Download Animated PowerPoint Templates From Microsoft
First, let’s explore some free animations for PowerPoint that come with Microsoft PowerPoint. Depending on which version of MS PowerPoint you’re using, you probably got these free animated PowerPoint template presentations with installation.
To find the default free animations for PowerPoint template slides, open PowerPoint. You should see some of the templates you’ve used recently, including default templates. Scroll up and down to find a template you like.
You can also search for templates using the Search bar to find specific types of templates:
To apply a free animated PowerPoint template, click on it to see the description. Then click Create to open the template. Here are some of the free animated templates that come with PowerPoint:
1. Animate Title Spirals. This PowerPoint animation free-to-download template presentation cover slide features a purple background and moving spirals.
2. Animated Infographic Slides. This free animations for PowerPoint template also features moving objects on the title slide. It comes with a total of three slide designs.
3. Animated Tree Growth Graphic. The objects on this nature-themed cover slide template are also free animations for PowerPoint.
4. Animated Title Clouds. Watch the gray storm clouds float across this free PPT animation template’s title slide.
5. Animated Scale Graphic. This unique free PPT animation template comes with a master slide and a moving scale graphic.
6. Timeline Progression Course. This red and black free interactive PowerPoint template includes five slide designs with animation on each slide.
7. Animated Title Geometric. Here’s a modern-looking animated title slide template featuring brightly-colored squares.
8. Powerful Presentations. This PowerPoint template comes with an animated cover slide and 16 more slide designs.
9. Animated Gauge Graphic. These gauges actually turn on this animated graphic for PowerPoint.
10. Animated Title Lights. This title slide template features moving lights in the background as the title text appears on the slide. A simple and beautiful free PPT animation template.
11. Animated Title Circles. This is a colorful free PPT animation template presentations cover slide that features moving circles.
12. Animated Grass Slide. This nature-inspired PowerPoint title slide features a moving background of a field of grass.
More Free Download Animated PowerPoint Templates
There are other sources for free download animated PowerPoint templates, of course. Here are some of the sources we found:
Here’s a list of more free PPT templates with animation:
13. Animated Food for Thought – PowerPoint Animation Effects Free Download Template. This animated template with food-related slide layouts is suitable for any food-related presentation.
14. Happy Holidays – Animated PowerPoint Background Free Download Template. This free PPT template with animation shows snowflakes moving across a blue background.
15. Animated Vital Signs – PowerPoint Presentation Animation Effects Free Download. This free interactive PowerPoint template could be used for a medical presentation.
16. 2020 Calendar – PowerPoint Animation Effects Free Download Template. This is an interactive calendar to help you present in 2020.
17. Animated Free PowerPoint Templates by PowerPoint School. A multipurpose colorful and fun presentation template.
18. Lead Generation Model – PowerPoint Animation Free Template. This free interactive PowerPoint template focuses on a funnel slide illustration for the lead-to-sales process.
19. Animated Medical Template – PowerPoint Presentation Animation Effects Free Download. This free PPT template with animation simulates vital signs reading in red on a white background.
20. Heart Cardiogram – PowerPoint Animation Effects Free Download Template. Here’s another medical-themed free download PowerPoint animation template.
21. Mental Health – Free Animated PowerPoint Template. Address and discuss mental health matters with this free PPT template.
22. Voodoo PowerPoint Template – Free Download. Clean and simple unique slides with animation for various purposes.
Discover More Great PowerPoint Presentation Templates for 2020
Still looking for the perfect PowerPoint presentation template for your slideshow? Here are some great templates to inspire you:
Learn More About How to Use Animations in PowerPoint
If you’re creating a slideshow with animations, you could design it from scratch. This ultimate tutorial guide could come in handy: How To Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide).
But starting from scratch could take some time. And your presentation might not end up looking how you want it to look. The tutorials below will help:
A much better option is to use a premium service, such as Envato Elements or GraphicRiver, for your presentation. Download PowerPoint animation templates. You’ll save time and the presentation templates are created by professional designers. So, you know it’ll look good.
Download Our Free PDF eBook on Making Great Presentations
We’ve got the perfect complement to any PowerPoint template. It’ll help you learn how to write, design, and deliver great presentations.
Grab The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations now for FREE with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter. Get your ideas formed into a powerful presentation that’ll move your audience.
5 Benefits of Using Professional Animated PowerPoint Templates (in 2020)
Still not sure whether you should invest in a professional PowerPoint template or download a free PowerPoint animated template from online?
Here are five reasons to use a professional animated PowerPoint template in 2020:
- You save time. Save on hours and hours of design creation time. Templates give you a head start. You may even create your presentation in record time. Above all, it’s nice to not have to worry too much about any design elements as it’s all taken care of by a professional.
- Pro design animation and elements. The design elements and animation of your presentation are as important as the data and content in it. With a well-designed animated PPT template, your final product will be nothing short of impressive.
- Create a good impression. A well-designed presentation gives an excellent impression of you and your brand. Impress your audience and keep their engaged throughout your presentation.
- Pick the best template and animation that suits your needs. One of the best parts of using a professional template is you’ve got a choice. You can pick from loads of best modern templates out there. This way, you’ll know precisely how your proposal will look like even before you get started.
- The slides and animations stand out. Most presentations will use the Microsoft built-in animated presentation templates. These premium PPT animation templates are sure to stand out because it’s unlikely that your peers will use custom PPT animation designs.
Use a PowerPoint Presentation Template to Save Time
We’ve just shared some of the best-animated PowerPoint template resources—both free and premium. You’ve also learned how PowerPoint slide animations can strengthen your presentation and how some of the most popular animation features are used.
When you use a premium template from Envato Elements or GraphicRiver, you save time because you start with top-notch slide designs. Quickly customize the slide templates by adding your own information and images. Why not get started on your next presentation now?
Good luck with your presentation!
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new, exciting and creative animated presentation templates with the best, trending designs.